- Register of Deeds
- eRecording Documents
On August 27, 2013, the Michigan Electronic Recording Commission adopted the Michigan eRecording Standards, effective January 1, 2014. Information regarding these standards can be found at the Michigan Department of Technology, Management and Budget website.
Starting December 14, 2017 Manistee County Register of Deeds began accepting electronically submitted documents.
Manistee County’s eRecording Business Rules
- Documents are accepted and processed between the hours of 8:30 am and 2:30 pm, Monday through Friday excluding holidays observed by Manistee County.
- Payments are currently accepted by Automated Clearing House (ACH) per the agreements with the eRecording vendors.
- Party’s submitting documents that violate Michigan eRecording Standards will have their ability to submit documents terminated until further notice.
- Manistee County Register of Deeds reserves the right to reject any electronically submitted documents that do not comply with the Michigan Recording Act and other applicable laws.
- Any amendments and/or alterations to these business rules will be published on this webpage 90 days prior to taking effect.
- Manistee County Register of Deeds will only collect recording fees prescribed by state and local statutes. Additional processing fees may be collected by eRecording vendors.
- Electronically recorded documents will be returned to the submitter in electronic format per the agreements with the eRecording vendors.
We currently accept documents from several of the major eRecording vendors. Please contact the companies regarding information and pricing: