Recycling By Community
Recycling In Manistee County
Recycling is locally funded, so residents should recycle only in the township/city where they live. Please contact your community offices to verify location, hours of operation, and recyclable materials accepted.
PA69 Recycling Program
Public Act 69 allows Michigan Counties and local units of government to enter into an agreement to fund a residential recycling program. Seven of Manistee County's communities use Public Act 69 to fund their local recycling programs and are collectively know as the PA69 Recycling Program. The recycling sites located in these seven communities are paid for and are for use by residents of the PA69 Recycling Program communities only. View the PA69 Recycling Guidelines to see what is recyclable in these communities.
- Arcadia Township
- Brown Township
- Cleon/Copemish Township
- Maple Grove/Kaleva Township
- Marilla Township,
- Onekama Township
- Springdale Township
Recycling in the communities below is locally funded and managed. For recycling information in one of these communities please contact the local unit of government.
- Bear Lake Township: 231-864-3620
- City of Manistee: 231-723-2558 or visit the City of Manistee website
- Dickson Township: 231-477-5885
- Filer Township: 231-723-3138 or visit the Filer Township website
- Manistee Township: 231-723-6507 or visit the Manistee Township website
- Norman Township: 231-848-4564
- Pleasanton Township: 231-864-2584 or visit the Pleasanton Township website
- Stronach Township: 231-723-7983
All Manistee County residents have access to the recycling drop-off site located at the Republic Services Manistee County Landfill at 3890 Camp Rd, Manistee.