- County Planner - Rob Carson
- Assistant to the Planner - Nancy Baker
- Phone: 231-723-6041; Fax 231-723-1718; email:
- Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - noon; 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday
Some responsibilities of the Planning Department:
Under the supervision, direction and policies of a seven-member Manistee County Planning Commission (PA 33 of 2008)
- Compile data, maps, reports for preparing and updating Manistee County plans and policies on land use, economic development, environment, infrastructure and capital improvement
- Provide technical assistance to municipalities within the County and other County agencies
- Administer the address ordinance and the county Remonumentation Program
- Staff for the Solid Waste Management Act Planning Council and the Brownfield Redevelopment Authority
- Attend to public relations for the Planning Commission and provide training seminars
- Issue new addresses
- Provide information on zoning ordinances, subdivision and site condominium projects, dividing land, addresses, census, county statistics, grants, planning, etc.
- To present information, in a timely fashion and in a useful format, to assist people both in and out of government to make better decisions.
BUILDING PERMITS IN MANISTEE COUNTY ARE ISSUED BY THE STATE OF MICHIGAN, EXCEPT IN STRONACH TOWNSHIP AND SPRINGDALE TOWNSHIP WHERE THEY ARE HANDLED BY THE TOWNSHIP. ELECTRICAL, PLUMBING AND MECHANICAL PERMITS FOR ALL TOWNSHIPS EXCEPT SPRINGDALE TOWNSHIP ARE ALSO ISSUED BY THE STATE. THE STATE WEBSITE IS FOUND AT http://michigan.gov/dleg
Last Updated on Thursday, 04 August 2016 13:14