Please Note: This is the Probate Court section of the website. If you are looking for District Court Probation, please click here. If you are looking for Circuit Court Probation/Parole, please click here.
Manistee County Probate Court
415 Third Street
Manistee, MI 49660
Phone: (231) 723-3261
Fax: (231) 398-3558
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Probate Judge: Honorable Thomas N. Brunner
Court Personnel: Deidre K. Robison, Probate Register
Kathleen G. Schrauben, Probate Clerk
Michele Lantis, Court Reporter
The Manistee County Probate Court has jurisdiction over the following:
- The probate of decedent estates;
- Disputes arising out of the administration, distribution, reformation or termination of trusts;
- The appointment of guardians and/or conservators for legally incapacitated adults and the periodic review of said files;
- The appointment of guardians and/or conservators for minors and the periodic review of said files;
- The appointment of guardians for developmentally disabled individuals and the periodic review of said files;
- The involuntary treatment of mentally ill persons based on statutory criteria;
- The filing of Wills for safekeeping;
- The registering of foreign births;
- Secret marriages;
- The appointment of members to the Boundary Commission and the Soldiers' Relief Commission.
Last Updated on Thursday, 02 May 2013 14:15